Jan 18, 2021
Discussion on daily maintenance and use environment of frequency converter
Today, the editor will tell you the tips for extending the life of the inverter. First of all, we have to analyze the reasons that affect the life of the inverter. I have listed the following six points. I hope to help you and better control the inverter. Device.
1. Ambient temperature: when the temperature is too high and the temperature changes greatly, condensation is likely to occur inside the inverter, especially when the equipment is powered on again after the device is stopped, because the inverter is powered off due to the shutdown, the temperature in the air will cool down. When the moisture is cooled and attached to the circuit board, the casing, and between the bronze plates, its insulation performance will be greatly reduced, and it may even cause a short circuit accident; if there is a lot of dust accumulation inside the inverter at this time, and the inverter is not maintained and cleaned in time, the inverter The failure rate will be very high, and even multiple devices may be damaged at the same time, which directly leads to production shutdown.
2. Inverter operating temperature: The inverter contains high-power electronic components, which are easily affected by the operating temperature. Too high or too low temperature will cause the electronic components to work abnormally. In order to ensure the normal operation of the inverter, the inverter must be guaranteed The electrical cabinet has a good ventilation and heat dissipation system, and the air inlet and outlet of the electrical cabinet are not blocked to ensure the normal operation of the ventilation fan.
3. Vibration and shock: Because the electrical connections inside the inverter are usually screw connections, the wiring between the circuit boards is also a connector. If the inverter is vibrating under working conditions, it is easy to cause poor contact in these parts.
4. Dust: The inverter is not suitable for working in dusty conditions. Because the inverter's own heat dissipation depends on forced air cooling, more dust may cause the inverter's cooling fan to block, or even burn the fan, and the dust will also block the heat dissipation. The air duct causes the heat to not be discharged in time, the inverter cannot get good heat dissipation, and its own working temperature rises, which will cause the inverter to overheat and alarm and shut down, which will directly damage the inverter in severe cases.
5. Power supply: Power supply abnormalities can be roughly divided into the following three types, namely lack of phase, low voltage, and overvoltage. These three conditions will directly cause the inverter to not work. The main reasons for these abnormal phenomena are mostly caused by power transmission lines. Sometimes it is also caused by short-circuits to ground, short-circuits between phases, or the start and stop of large power equipment in the same power supply system. In addition to voltage fluctuations, some power grids or self-generating units also have frequency fluctuations, and these phenomena are sometimes within a short period of time. Repeatedly, in order to ensure the normal operation of the equipment, corresponding requirements are also put forward for the power supply of the inverter.
6. Lightning strikes and induced lightning: The impulse voltage caused by lightning strikes or induced lightning strikes, in some seasons, there are more lightning, and the introduction of lightning into the power grid will cause damage to the inverter. Therefore, it is necessary to check the lightning protection device to ensure that the lightning protection device plays an important role. In addition, when there is a vacuum circuit breaker on the primary side of the power system, the short-circuit opening and closing will generate a higher impulse voltage. In order to prevent over-voltage damage caused by impulse voltage, an absorption device such as a pressure sensitive resistor at the input end of the inverter is usually required. RC surge absorber should be added to the vacuum circuit breaker. If there is a vacuum circuit breaker on the primary side of the transformer, in the control sequence, ensure that the inverter is disconnected before the vacuum circuit breaker operates. The operating electrician has the operating specifications in this respect.