Mar 16, 2021
Emergency power distribution system-UPS battery pack installation and charging and discharging
1. Installation materials
The main materials used in the installation of the UPS battery pack of the emergency power distribution system are monomer batteries, UPS battery cabinets, lead cables, connecting bars, bolts, nuts, etc.
Battery: A type of equipment that converts chemical energy into electrical energy. It is a battery designed according to the rechargeable function. It is recharged through a reversible chemical reaction. It generally refers to a lead-acid battery. It is a type of battery and belongs to a secondary battery. .
UPS battery cabinet
2. Construction tools
Transportation machinery: forklifts, tripods, chain hoists, etc.;
Forklifts: transport battery packs inside the building
Installation tools: electric drill, electric hammer, cable crimping tool, tape measure, torque wrench, wire hammer, digital multimeter, thermometer, insulation shaker, etc.
Insulation shaker: measure the insulation of the battery pack
3. Construction requirements
(1) Unpacking inspection of battery
1) The appearance of the battery should be free of cracks and damage; the sealing should be good and there should be no leakage; the safety exhaust valve should be closed;
2) The positive and negative terminals of the battery should have the correct polarity, and there should be no deformation or damage;
3) For the transparent battery tank, check that the electrode plates are not severely deformed; the parts in the tank should be complete and free from damage;
4) The connecting bars, bolts and nuts should be complete.
On-site inspection of batteries
(2) Battery installation
1) The base frame and spacing for battery placement should meet the design requirements; after the battery is placed on the base frame, the base frame should not be deformed and the base frame should be grounded;
Battery base frame placement
2) The battery pole and safety exhaust valve should not be touched during transportation;
Battery poles, etc. should be intact
3) The battery installation should be stable, the spacing should be even, the spacing between single batteries should not be less than 5mm; the batteries in the same row and row should be of the same height and neatly arranged;
Orderly discharge of battery packs
4) Use insulated tools when connecting the battery connection strip;
5) The wiring of the connecting strip should be correct, and the connecting part should be coated with electric compound grease. When the bolts are tightened, a torque wrench shall be used, and the torque value shall meet the requirements of the product technical documents;
6) When there are seismic requirements, the seismic facilities should meet the design requirements, and should be firm and reliable;
7) The polarity and identification of the positive and negative poles of the cable lead should be correct, and the positive pole of the battery should be red and the negative pole should be black. The lead-out cable of the battery pack power supply should not be directly connected to the polarity, but should be connected by an adapter plate. There should be insulation protection at the electrical connection terminals, and the outer surface of each battery of the battery pack should be marked with acid-resistant materials with a number.
The battery pack is connected in series
Battery packs connected in series
4. Charging and discharging treatment
(1) After the battery pack is installed, it should be charged according to the requirements of the product technical documents and meet the following requirements:
1) Before charging, check the connection of the battery pack and its connection strip, check and record the initial terminal voltage of the single battery and the voltage of the whole group;
2) During charging, the charging power supply should be reliable and not cut off;
3) During charging, the ambient temperature should be 5℃~35℃, and the surface temperature of the battery should not be higher than 45℃;
4) During the charging process, there should be no open flame in the room and well ventilated;
5) Before the battery pack is installed and put into operation, it should be fully charged, and the open circuit voltage test and capacity test should be carried out.
(2) After the battery pack is fully charged, it should be left for 1h~24h. When the surface temperature of the battery is basically the same as the ambient temperature, a discharge test should be performed. The discharge should be terminated when the voltage of one of the batteries is 1.80V with a constant current. It should be recorded and recharged in accordance with the requirements of the product technical documentation.
Battery pack charging and discharging connection test
Well, today's UPS battery pack installation is introduced here. In fact, if you think about it, you will find that batteries are closely related to our daily lives and can be seen everywhere.
! ! ! Pay attention to the summary:
There are three types of common batteries. The first type is the battery we are learning today, which has rechargeable characteristics; the second type is lithium batteries, which use lithium metal or lithium alloy as the negative electrode material and use non-aqueous electrolyte solutions; the third type is Dry batteries use paste electrolyte to generate direct current.