Mar 15, 2021
Precautions for UPS installation and use
Because of the particularity of its inverter and battery work, the installation and use of UPS power supply must have a set of strict and scientific operating procedures in order to improve work stability, reduce equipment failure rate, and truly achieve uninterrupted equipment power supply.
(1) The installation environment of UPS power supply should avoid direct sunlight, and leave enough ventilation space to keep the temperature of the working environment not higher than 25℃. If the working environment temperature exceeds 25°C, and the temperature rises by 10°C, the battery life will be shortened by about half.
(2) It is not advisable to use high-power thyristor loads, thyristor bridge rectifiers or half-wave rectifier loads at the output end of the UPS power supply. Such loads are likely to cause the final drive transistor of the inverter to be burned. 
(3) Operate strictly in accordance with the correct startup and shutdown sequence to avoid large fluctuations in the voltage output of the UPS power supply when the load suddenly increases or decreases, which will cause the UPS power supply to fail to work normally.
(4) It is forbidden to turn off and turn on the UPS power supply frequently. It is generally required to wait at least 30 seconds after turning off the UPS power supply before turning on the UPS power supply. The reason for the high frequency of failures of small and medium-sized UPS power supplies is: users frequently turn on or off, and UPS power supplies carry loads during the switching period of inverter power supply and bypass power supply.
(5) Practice has proved that for most UPS power supplies, controlling the load within the range of 50% to 60% of the rated output power is the best way to work. It is forbidden to use overload. The manufacturer recommends that the maximum starting load of the UPS power supply should be controlled within 80%. If it is used with overload, it will often break down the inverter transistor in the inverter state. It is not advisable to run at excessive light load. In this case, it is easy to cause battery failure due to too small battery discharge current.
(6) Regular maintenance of UPS power supply: observe the status of the working indicator, remove dust, measure the battery voltage, replace the unqualified battery, check the fan operation, and detect and adjust the system parameters of the UPS.
(7) UPS power supplies are more suitable for micro-capacitive loads, but not suitable for inductive loads, such as air conditioners, motors, electric drills, and fans. If the UPS power load is resistive or inductive, the load must be reduced as appropriate to avoid overload operation.