Jan 18, 2021
Summarize the working principle of the frequency converter on the air compressor
The motor speed of the air compressor has a linear relationship with the actual power consumption of the air compressor. Therefore, if you want to reduce the actual consumption of the air compressor, you need to reduce the motor speed. The use of the frequency converter in the air compressor system is to make the air compressor system through the electrical control and frequency conversion control * cooperation, without changing the air compressor motor torque (that is, the ability to drag the load) under the premise of real-time control The motor speed (that is, the output power) responds to changes in system pressure by changing the compressor speed, and maintains a stable system pressure (set value) to achieve on-demand output of high-quality compressed air.
When the air consumption of the system decreases, and the compressed air provided by the compressor is greater than the consumption of the system, the compressor will reduce the speed and reduce the output compressed air volume; otherwise, increase the motor speed and increase the compressed air volume to maintain a stable system pressure value . The function of the frequency converter in its system is the same as that of the fan, motor, and water pump. It controls the input voltage frequency according to the load change.
The energy-saving principles and effects are as follows:
1. After using the inverter, the pressure setting of the air compressor can be one point, that is, the *pressure that meets the requirements of the production equipment can be used as the set pressure, and the inverter will adjust the air compressor speed according to the trend of fluctuations in the pipe network pressure. The speed even eliminates the unloading operation of the air compressor and saves electric energy.
2. Because the frequency converter in the system makes the pressure on the pipe network stable, it can reduce or even eliminate pressure fluctuations, so that all the air compressors in the system run under a lower pressure that meets the production requirements, reducing the pressure Power loss caused by upward fluctuations.
3. Since the compressor cannot rule out the possibility of running for a long time under full load, the capacity of the motor can only be determined according to the * demand, so the design capacity is generally too large. In actual operation, the proportion of light-load operation time is very high. If frequency conversion speed regulation is adopted, the working efficiency during operation can be greatly improved. Therefore, the energy-saving potential of applying the frequency converter to the air compressor system is great.
4. Some adjustment methods (such as adjusting the valve opening and changing the angle of the blades, etc.) cannot reduce the operating power of the motor even when the demand is small. After adopting frequency conversion speed regulation, when the demand is small, the speed of the motor can be reduced, and the running power of the motor can be reduced, thereby further realizing energy saving.
5. Most single-motor drive systems cannot be continuously adjusted according to the load. After adopting frequency conversion speed regulation, continuous adjustment can be carried out very conveniently, which can maintain the stability of pressure, flow, temperature and other parameters, thereby greatly improving the working performance of the compressor.