Aug 19, 2020
Discuss the 10 principles of energy-saving inverter selection
At the same time, when selecting the frequency converter for speed regulation or energy saving, the following 10 principles should be observed as the prerequisite for deciding the plan. Local electricity prices are high, and the economic benefits will be greater when the same electricity is saved. This is also an inevitable consideration.
1) There are certain conditions for the inverter to save electricity. Under the condition that does not affect the use, after appropriately changing the working condition parameters, the energy consumed by the unreasonable operating parameters can be saved, and the normal operation can be transformed into economic operation.
2) To save energy, the frequency must be lowered. The greater the drop, the more power is saved. Without reducing the frequency, the inverter cannot save electricity in principle.
3) It is related to the motor load rate. When the load rate is 10% to 90%, the power saving rate is about 8% to 10% at most, and the lower load rate corresponds to a higher power saving rate. However, the reactive power saving rate is about 40% to 50%, and the electricity bill is not included.
4) It is related to the reasonable degree of the parameter values of the original operating conditions. For example, it is related to the adjustable value of pressure, flow, speed, etc. If the adjustable amount is large, the power saving rate will be high, otherwise the opposite is true.
5) It is related to the original adjustment method. It is not economical to use imported or exported valve to adjust the operating parameters. If it is changed to frequency converter speed control, it is economical and reasonable. After using the frequency converter to adjust the speed, compared with the manual valve adjustment operation method, it can save 20% to 30% more electricity.
6) It is related to the original speed regulation method. For example, the original slip motor used for speed regulation, because the speed regulation efficiency is low, especially at medium and low speeds, the efficiency is only below 50%, which is very uneconomical. After changing to frequency converter speed regulation, this part of electric energy is saved. At present, most industries such as light industry, textiles, papermaking, printing and dyeing, plastics, rubber, etc. still use slip motors. Therefore, the use of frequency converters to achieve energy saving and technical transformation is a top priority.
7) It is related to the working mode of the motor. For example, the power savings of continuous operation, short-time operation, and intermittent operation are different.
8) It is related to the length of time the motor is running. For example, if it is turned on for 24 hours a day, the electricity saving for 365 days a year will be large, and vice versa.
9) It is related to the power of the motor itself. At the same power-saving rate, the larger the power-saving value, the greater the economic benefit, even if the power-saving rate is lower than that of the small-power motor, the actual benefit is greater.
10) It is related to the importance of the production process of this unit. First of all, it is necessary to select products with high power consumption, high product cost, and current speed regulation methods that are not economical and reasonable. The inverters can be used to achieve immediate results and double the result with half the effort.